What Should I Know about Working with You?
You may be interested in the answers to some questions we commonly hear.
Do You Prepare Taxes?
No. We serve as your bookkeeper, outsourced Accounting Department, and often as an external CFO (doing everything except raising capital). Norman Professional Services focuses on three outcomes:
- Your accounting system (in QuickBooks) is set up correctly
- The information entered into QuickBooks is accurate
- You understand your financial performance and can use this information to improve your decisions and business
If you need to have your corporate taxes done, we will happily refer you to qualified CPAs who can help.
Do You Teach QuickBooks Classes?
A number of our professionals are certified QuickBooks Pro Advisors. Most of our training is done with clients. Because we understand their businesses, we tailor the learning to their needs. Then they know how to best use this powerful accounting and financial tool. Occasionally we offer public seminars.
Who Is the “Norman” in Norman Professional Services?
Norman was owner Walter Miller’s beloved dog.
What Areas Do You Serve?
We work with companies in Chicago and the collar counties. This allows us to regularly visit their offices, get to know them and their businesses well, and keep travel expenses reasonable.
What Type of Businesses Do You Work with?
Our focus primarily is established service-related firms, with annual revenues between $750,000 to $5 million. This means we routinely work with businesses that do marketing (such as Web designers), in the trades (such as painting), and others that often do project work involving selling time and materials. You’ll find more details here.
For companies in industries where we’re not as good a fit, we’re happy to give referrals to other qualified professionals.
Do You Have a Question We Haven’t Addressed? Call Us at 708-524-1020 or Email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and We’ll Be Happy to Answer It.
What’s on Your Reading List?
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It, by Michael E. Gerber
- Profit First: A Simple System to Transform Any Business from a Cash-Eating Monster to a Money-Making Machine, by Mike Michalowicz
- Managing by the Numbers: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and Using Your Company’s Financials, by Chuck Kremer, Ron Rizzuto and John Case
Ready to Give Up Your Confusion and Anxiety around "the Numbers"?
Call Us at
Email Us at